Monday, March 7, 2011

The Puzzle

When I was interviewed at BACAM, one of the ways I described “the call” was by comparing it to a puzzle.

All my life I have held a box of puzzle pieces. Only I didn’t have the picture that went with the puzzle, so I had no idea what the finished puzzle was supposed to look like. Every piece seemed random and unnecessary.  And I was frustrated that I had to carry around this box of nothing.

And then last Easter, God gave me the picture. He didn’t put the puzzle together for me, but He showed me just what it would look like when it was finished. He showed me how those seemingly random and meaningless pieces aren’t random at all but fit perfectly together to form something beautiful.

Now my life has meaning. Now it has purpose and all I want to do is work on that puzzle and start fitting the pieces together.

The good news I have to share today is this:

The Commission on Ministry has recommended that I continue in the discernment process. And the Bishop has agreed.

One more piece of the puzzle fitted into place.